For most people a holiday is a time to really treat themselves, and this means that there is a huge market for luxury, top quality hotels and resorts around the world. What better way to make a honeymoon or special holiday memorable than staying in a lavish 5 Star hotel, and treating yourself to all the extravagance and opulence that they have to offer.
Here is a list of the 5 most luxurious hotels around the world, so that you can start planning the holiday of your dreams:
1. The Oberoi Udaivilas, India – this is part of the world famous Oberai chain of hotels established in 1934, and is based in the heart of the beautiful city of Udaipur in India’s Rajasthan province, the home of royalty and the setting from some of the world’s most glamorous movies including James Bond’s “Octopussy”. The Oberoi Udaivilas truly is the height of luxury, with sumptuous rooms that offer unrivalled views over one of the cities premier attractions Lake Pichhola, with a restaurant the offers some of the finest international cuisine in the world. The hotel also provides rooms with private infinity pools and elegant tented dining pavilions, and a top class spa for you to relax and pamper yourself in during your stay. This hotel consistently wins top industry awards every year, and is ideally placed to explore the ancient Arravali Mountains and the cultural splendour of one of India’s most magnificent provinces, Rajasthan.
2. The Burj Al Arab, Dubai – this is perhaps one of the most iconic hotels in the world, designed in a billowing sail-shaped structure that dominates the skyline in the beautiful city of Dubai. The Burj Al Arab symbolises the hospitality and riches of the Arab nations, and provides one of the most glamorous and opulent hotel experiences in the world. All suites and rooms are of the highest quality, with the latest in sophisticated technology at your disposal such as satellite TV, personal laptop computers, fax machines and printers. You can choose from magnificent views over the Arabic sea or the wonderful city of Dubai itself, and also there are 6 restaurants that all provide fine dining, and pools, Jacuzzis, spa treatments and fitness studios so that you can workout and relax in comfort.
3. Villa San Michele, Florence, Italy – Florence is one of Italy’s most beautiful cities, and the Villa San Michele is one of its most beautiful and luxurious hotels. This was previously a 15th-century Franciscan monastery, and is only a few minutes from the centre of the city. Villa San Michele is surrounded by its own magnificent gardens and woodland and is well known for being a tranquil and idyllic oasis. This hotel has a formidable reputation for a high level of care and service with professional dedicated staff that run the hotel seamlessly. The rooms manage to combine the beautiful heritage of the building with a modern, luxurious feel, and the views out over the hotel gardens and grounds are breathtaking.
4. The Steigenberger Frankfurter Hof, Germany – this grand neo-gothic 5 star hotel is situated in the splendid city of Frankfurt, and combines modern convenience with the majesty and elegance of all of its 130 years of history. The interior is the height of luxury from glorious classical ceilings complete with chandeliers to marbled bathrooms and delightfully decadent Haute Cuisine restaurants. The Steigenberger Frankfurter Hof is also situated right in the city centre, just a stroll away from the wonderful Kaiserstrasse shopping parade, and the famous Frankfurt opera house.
5. Anse Chastanet, Soufriere, St. Lucia – this amazing Caribbean hotel really is the height of exotic luxury and has been designed to incorporate both the natural beauty of St Lucia’s lush tropical landscape and also all the modern conveniences and luxuries. The hotel resort is surrounded by lush tropical gardens and borders one of the island’s most beautiful beaches, complete with soft white sand and bright turquoise waters. Each room in Anse Chastanet is different, but all embrace the island’s ‘joy de vivre’ with bold, bright prints and fabrics and wide spacious suites that have entire walls open to the stunning exotic landscapes outside. Anse Chastanet is also well known for its fabulous collection of both local and international art, which adorns all the rooms and public areas. The hotel’s spa, Kai Belté, is also world class, and situated right on the beach. There is also a casual beachside bar and restaurant for informal dining and a beautiful hillside terrace that serves wonderful breakfasts and afternoon teas.
Probably the Atlantis Hotel from Dubai will join the top as soon as all the problems will get solved.
if not, come back tomorrow on journeyetc.com and see what's new :)